I’m sure millions of bloggers do this already, but here is my spotlight post, a bible verse. Why you might ask? well, because we all need a little more Jesus some times.
2 Peter 1:3-7:
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.
- this goes along with trust, and hope. He is our creator.. leave it in His hands, no matter what the problem
- I think this is something we all strive for… we all want to be good people, but it’s more that just looking good to the outside world, but being good on the inside to yourself and those around you.
- this one is a big one for me because I think when people are scared they don’t want to know. I have been trying to face my fears with knowledge and prayer and Jesus gives me peace for trusting in him and learning and growing.
- UGH.. self-control. food, exercise, sleep, sex, friends, relationships, our mouths.. every part of our days are filled with self-control issues and I deal with them EVERY DAY, but it is something God stresses a lot in the bible. When we can control ourselves God grows us… even when we don’t wannnaaaa.
- more than just running the marathon, but tackling those big problems that come in our lives. I’m reminded of marriage a lot with this word and I think it’s because in the end this is what we should be doing in our marriages.. persevering.
- cleanliness is close to godliness. lol, yes you should brush your teeth, but also strive to be like Jesus. No, you’re not going to hit the Jesus mark, but He is a great example to look up to.
- mutual affection
- this is more than just tolerating people.. this is having an interest in their lives, sympathizing when something goes wrong in their lives and calling them to see if they are ok. Be a good neighbor.
- my favorite. It is so cliche´, but I live by the motto of love. I think that if you do everything in your life with love than you are on the right track! God is LOVE. He loves us so much He gave us His son! I just LOVE HIM.
SO, I hope this makes your day a little better! Have a great day!