You know what I did today?!
- watched the new episode of Red Band Society
- cleaned the living room
- put son down for a nap
- woke him up, dressed up all kids and did a photoshoot
- went to go edit pics and the laptop died
- cleaned kitchen
- cleaned out fridge
- took a shower
- went grocery shopping (FINALLY)
- got food
- got home, put food away, started Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- started cooking and made:
- 10 breakfast oatmeal bars
- 10 breakfast burritos
- 19 buffalo chicken quesadillas
- 12 quinoa broccoli cheese cups
- sweet iced tea
- 2 bags of popcorn (for the entertainment of daughters)
- 12 homemade hotpockets
- 6 mixed veggie bowls
- PS if you are looking for recipes see my previous post here
- sluggishly put the girls down (twice.. btw)
- put son down (3rd times the charm with him)
- edited photos from shoot
ps. AND I wrote this blog! (Monday Night)
I set myself up for too many expectations. I think I am super woman, or the 1970’s woman who looked bangin’, had 10 kids, a billion hobbies, dinner on the table and sex every night.
i’m none of these things.
My house is a wreck. I think 3 kids is PLENTY for me, thank you. I have hobbies that never get hobbied (yes, hobbied.). I need to work out more. Dinner on the table is something I’m always striving for, but not always succeeding at. Oh, and the nighttime routine in the house consists of putting the girls to bed 8 times, son to bed 3 times, and passing out on the couch with bills in hand and a half eaten sandwich.
And all of these things i’m ok with.. actually, i’m pretty proud of.
My house is a mess, because its not on my priority list. It gets cleaned when I have the time, but if I don’t, I don’t. It used to bother me SO bad, but then I had the realization I was like Martha in the bible that missed out on listening to Jesus teach because she was like doing dishes or something.. I refuse to be Martha. I want to enjoy giggling with my kids or running off to my parents or even going swimming at the YMCA. Dishes can wait.
The 3 kids I have are my complete blessings. I shouldn’t have the little ones that I do so I’m thankful for every second I have with them. They made my family complete and I couldn’t imagine my life without legos on the table or peanut butter smooshed into the carpet.
The older I get the more hobbies I find and they usually don’t stick, but in the end it was something fun to do for a while.. if you don’t have one, try one! It might change your day for the good!
I got a YMCA membership! this is an upgrade in the health department.
and the dinner thing goes back to the cleaning paragraph.
If you are getting down on yourself for not getting things done or feeling overwhelmed then read Luke 10:38-42 (NLT)
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.
Another thing that helps is lists.. lists lists lists.
here’s what mine is looking like.. over the next month (my first month home as a stay at home mom) I want to:
- move desk to walkway space (it’s a thing)
- rearrange master bedroom
- organize medicine cabinet
- clean both kids rooms
- clean toy room
- get all laundry put away / stay on top of laundry
- make a sew space in a bigger area of the house
- go through 1 tub of crap in the basement
- clean out van
- work out
- set goals for the kitchen makeover (the cheap kitchen makeover)
- do taxes
- get oil change
- renew hubs licence
- do something fun for hubs bday & valentines
- don’t add anything else to this list
I might not get anything done, I might get more than this done, only time will tell.
I hope you all get stuff done without obsessing and that this helped a little bit.